Known around the world for its impressive biodiversity and ecosystems, the Corcovado National Park is not only wild, but one of the most popular for tourists visiting Costa Rica.
Created in 1975, this historic park is in a remote area of southern Costa Rica so with no crowds, allows for better wildlife watching. Rare and endangered animals such as tapirs, pumas, herds of collard and white-lipped peccaries, coatis, venomous snakes, poisonous frogs, crocodiles and even hammerhead and bull sharks are at home here in the Corcovado.
The most common animals to be seen are the four species of monkeys (squirrel, white face capuchin, spider and howler), sloths, coatis and an impressive variety of birds including toucans, scarlet macaw, hawks, woodpeckers, tanagers, trogons, parrot and parakeet to name a few.
There are many itineraries available to enter and exit the park. The access points for a 3-day expedition are as follows:
- La Leona – Sirena – La Leona (mostly flat topography +/- 45 km) Option 1
- La Leona – Sirena – Drake Bay (flat and slightly broken topography +/- 38 km) Option 2
- Puerto Jimenez – Sirena – La Leona (flat and slightly broken topography: total +/- 38 km) Option 2
- La Leona – Sirena – Los Patos (flat & broken topography +/- 52 km) Option 3
- Drake Bay/Puerto Jimenez – Sirena – Los Patos (flat & broken topography +/- 42 km) Option 4
- Drake Bay – Sirena – Drake Bay (flat and slightly broken topography +/- 25 km
Sirena Ranger Station provides:
- Rustic lodging in the wild rainforest
- Twin bunk beds with mattress, bed sheets, pillow and mosquito net
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (upon reservation)
- Snacks for purchase
- Bathrooms with toilet paper
- Potable water
- Shower with soap dispenser
- Souvenir Shop
- Light inside the installations (turned off at 8:00 PM)
- Electrical outlets to charge your electric devices
- Internet WiFi (weak signal)
You must make sure you have your camera full of charge because everywhere you look you can take an amazing photo.
Depending on the weather, tide, moon and season there is always something fascinating to see on this wild adventure.
To check availability and ask for a quote, let us know:
- Amount of people
- Do you need transport?
- Hotel name (or town)